Virtually every team drives to ensure their deliverables are issued with a high degree of quality. Many organizations are moving to ensure there is a culture of quality first throughout the organization. Software teams are faced with ever changing challenges in this area. Not only are software projects increasingly complicated and teams culturally and geographically diverse, but the demand for higher velocity development is also increasing.
Not sure what to do next? Blended Perspectives has the best integrated tool set for your team. Our expertise and rapid deployment techniques will have your team using world class test management tools in not just weeks, but days.
To meet these challenges software teams need to build in quality checks, which means testing at every stage of the development cycle, and they need to use the right tools to plan, execute and track these activities. No longer will testing wait until the end of the development cycle and be the sole responsibility of the QA team – quality assurance will be a responsibility borne jointly by software and QA teams. This, in turn, means that these teams will benefit from test management applications that are tightly integrated with other tools they are using.
If your software team is already using a software development solution which includes Atlassian products then no matter whether you are using Agile, Waterfall or some other process Jira is already being used to:
- Plan and distribute tasks across your software team.
- Prioritize, track, and discuss your team’s work in full context with complete visibility.
- Provide reports based on real-time, visual data.
There are huge benefits to be realized by integrating your test management and software development tools. If your organization already has a test management product that they know and love, data from those products can be imported so that the reports produced by Jira present the complete picture of the development status including testing. An even better alternative would be to implement a solution in which the test management software is so tightly integrated with Jira users are not even aware that there is more than one product being used. In this scenario test issues can be created, executed, tracked and reported on just like any other Jira issue.
In the first scenario the solution to integrate of your test management software would provide the following features:
- Plan and distribute tasks across your software team – Jira
- Prioritize, track, and discuss your software team’s work in full context with complete visibility – Jira
- Plan, execute and track testing activities – your test management product
- Maintain library of test cases – test management software
- Provide reports based on real-time, visual data and including data from test management system – Jira
- Benefit from enhanced collaboration features via HipChat and @mentions – not seamlessly integrated with test management software
- Manage a document repository with Confluence – not seamlessly integrated with test management software
In the second scenario the teams would have a tightly integrated solution that would allow them to execute their daily activities without having a ‘access a different product’:
- Plan and distribute software development and testing activities across your teams
- Prioritize, track, and discuss your teams’ work in full context with complete visibility
- Maintain library of test cases
- Provide reports based on real-time, visual data
- Benefit from enhanced collaboration features via HipChat and @mentions
- Manage a single document repository with Confluence
- Integrate with automated testing tools
Read more from Atlassian on Software Testing.
- Jira Software – manage all the work that is done during the software development lifecycle including technical implementation and bug fixes
- Jira Core – manage business processes and team’s tasks using simple workflows
- Bitbucket – distributed version control system (Git) with flexible deployment models for teams of all sizes and needs.
- Bamboo – a continuous integration and deployment tool that ties automated builds, tests and releases together in a single workflow.
- HipChat – discussions within the team or with other employees
- Confluence – publish documentation/policies/guidelines/procedures; self serve access
- Zephyr for Jira – a full featured test management solution tighly integrated with Jira
- EazyBI – augment standard Jira reporting with ability to create pivot table reports or explore different chart options and use predefined or custom calculation formulas.
Blended Perspectives whitepaper
We created this whitepaper to provide an essential, independent guide for Testing using Atlassian. Atlassian’s Marketplace is vast and rapidly changing and organizations have a multitude of choices for many solution areas – testing is especially rich.
With the accepted demise of the old HP ALM platform, now owned by Micro Focus, many organizations have realized that they already have Jira, an excellent platform to support all of these testing functions. Read more here.
Ready To Get Started?
Agile, SDLC, Program Management, ITIL/Service Desk Support / JIRA, Confluence, Atlassian Toolset, Bitbucket, Atlassian Dev Ops. Solutions include PPM, Compliance and Risk Management, HR, CRM and general business process support.