Service Management (ITSM)
Our expertise combined with a suite of Atlassian products, will enable your IT team to quickly implement a modern, flexible approach to ITSM with an ITIL-certified service desk that’s easy to use.
If you are planning to revitalize your service management processes, Blended Perspectives has the solution for you.
Every company is in the midst of their journey to the ‘service first’ model that is in demand in the market place. Software companies are transitioning to being service organizations. In other organizations the focus is changing and all teams adapting as the pace of digital transformation increases. Each team would like to deliver better service, resolve issues faster, and build lasting trust with their organization. Having good processes is vital to delivering high service value.
IT teams are squarely in the middle of these transformations and must be working seamlessly with other internal groups, especially the software team – the IT team’s customers. For IT the gold standard for defining great processes is the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), a set of practices for ITSM that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business. ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management (ITSM) in the world and can help individuals and organizations use IT to realize business change, transformation and growth.
Watch our ITSM related webinars and download the guides below:
Jira Service Management brings together dev, IT operations, and business teams to respond to business changes and deliver outstanding service desk experiences fast with the best ITSM practices, like request, incident, problem, change, and configuration management.
Watch this news breaking webinar Miles Faulkner and George Spalding discuss the evolution of ITIL 4 and Atlassian’s Jira Service Management. It’s been nearly a year now since we had Troy DuMoulin with us to discuss velocity across the enterprise and we wanted to revisit ITIL 4’s progress to date.
As partners, we too, had guessed this was coming… Atlassian is determined to lead with their cloud offering and for those who need specific data residency or functional requirements the data center product set. Server has just three or so more years, which actually is still a very decent runway.
With Atlassian’s acquisition of Mindville’s Insight, Atlassian is sending a signal that it is intent on becoming the leader in the ITSM and ESM space. This webinar covers how the Insight Asset Management solution works with Jira Service Desk, the future product plans Atlassian has for Insight, how Agile ITSM is changing enterprise performance velocity and the competitive landscape.
Jira Service Management (formerly Service Desk) and ServiceNow combined account for over 50% of the $4.1B ITSM market, with 10+ other companies competing for the other half. So, with that in mind, we think the appropriate question to ask is: is ITSM becoming a two-horse race? We certainly think so.
Forrester has released their 2019 “Wave” graph for enterprise software management tools showing that as well as having a sizable market-share, Atlassian Jira Service Management (formerly Service Desk) leads the pack in strategic vision.
ITIL v4 has shifted its thinking to incorporate the whole value chain, it’s now all about flow. So you may be wondering, how relevant will traditional magic quadrants be moving forward?
Watch this engaging webinar where Troy DuMoulin (VP R&D at Pink Elephant) and Miles Faulkner (Co-CEO of Blended Perspectives) will describe the full stack of culture, practice, and automation as critical success factors for taking an integrated end-to-end approach to processes and automation.
This paper discusses the rise of “Enterprise Service Management”, why it matters and why it’s important for enterprises to ensure they ride this productivity wave.
An excellent review of Opsgenie features was provided to show case how OpsGenie empowers DevOps Teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents.
Welcome to watch our Connecting the Enterprise webinar; why it matters in ITSM explained. Enjoy!
But wait! Service management is not just for IT! Any team with internal or external customers can benefit from a great service management solution.
Using Jira Service Management (JSM) allows a self serve option for the customer to enter tickets and then check the status of their tickets. Once a ticket is entered it can work through all of the required processes without anyone having to re-enter information. JSM also supports real time reporting so the team can see pertinent information such as the status of issues and performance against metrics such as SLAs. Features of JSM alone include:
- A user-friendly tool for submitting and checking tickets
- Process templates for a variety of activities including request fulfillment, and management of incidents, problems, changes, events, assets and facilities as well as IT operations control
- Traceability from request made to resolution provided.
- Real time reporting
- Provision to automate repetitive tasks so your team can focus on solving the important stuff and help lighten the workload.
- Seamless integration with the software team using Jira software
Jira Service Management by itself delivers great benefits but those benefits multiply with a tightly integrated ITSM solution includes even more functionality than JSM alone provides. This additional functionality includes:
- Integration with additional Jira projects for seamless resolution of requests, problems, and incidents
- A self-serve knowledge base which works to deflect many incoming tickets
- Tools to prioritize, track, and discuss the team’s work in full context with complete visibility
- A fully integrated database with records of assets and configuration items
- Real time reporting
- A central location to communicate downtime, incidents, and scheduled maintenance
- Enhanced collaboration features let you rally the right experts to resolve incidents faster (Hipchat and @mentions)
- A full document management repository with Confluence
- Sophisticated workflows in both Confluence and Jira
Our solution will facilitate your teams’ work in the following areas identified in ITIL.
- Request Fulfillment – A formal request from a user for something to be provided
- Incident Management – An unplanned interruption to an IT service or reduction in the service quality
- Problem Management – Eliminate recurring incidents & minimize incidents that cannot be prevented
- Change Management – Standardized method to control changes to the IT system to minimize the impact on services
- Release Management – Plan, design, build, configure and test hardware and software releases to create a defined set of release components.
- Event Management – Monitor all events that occur through the IT infrastructure. Allow normal operation and detect and escalate exception conditions.
- Asset Management – Track and report on the value and ownership of financial Assets throughout their Lifecycle
- Configuration Management – Maintain information about configuration items required to deliver a service, including their relationships.
* Jira Service Management 3 passed ITIL for PinkVerify™ 2011 and ISS Bronze ITIL certifications for the following processes: Request Fulfillment; Incident Management; Problem Management; and Change Management.
To get the PinkVERIFY™ certification, Atlassian had to hit 100% of the mandatory and integration criteria. Jira Service Management was assessed against ITIL-compatible product features, terminologies, workflow, functional requirements, and other standards.
The solution includes the following products and add ons:
- Jira Core – assign task, monitor and report on progress of team’s activities
- Jira Service Management – allow users to request services, place request in the correct queue with the appropriate priority driven by SLAs, and customizable workflows.
- Confluence – publish documentation/policies/guidelines/procedures; self serve access.
- Portfolio For Jira – Connect strategic goals to development progress in real time.
- Comala Workflows – add simple or complex reviews, tasks and approvals processes to Confluence.
- Insight – keep records of assets and configuration management in a central database that is fully integrated with other tools.
- eazyBI – augment standard Jira reporting with ability to create pivot table reports or explore different chart options and use predefined or custom calculation formulas.
- Extension for Jira Service Management – a variety of features to enhance Jira Service Desk
- Jira Miscellaneous Workflow Extensions – implement sophisticated workflows in Jira