Planning with Portfolio for Jira
Official Atlassian Course: Planning with Portfolio for Jira
Group Rates Available
Interested in learning the ins and outs of Portfolio for Jira? Join our course to get the full scoop on one of Atlassian’s most powerful apps for Jira Software. From this course you’ll get an introduction to Portfolio for Jira, a comprehensive overview of how the product works, and we’ll share some best practices. The course walks you through building a roadmap based on work in Jira Software, forecasting release dates, managing team capacity, and creating and sharing reports on these important topics with stakeholders. This course also includes several hands-on labs giving you an opportunity to build and refine a Portfolio plan using sample data.
This is an official Atlassian University course. Includes hands-on exercises with a lab workbook and a slide deck provided in PDF format. Upon course completion attendees receive a certificate from Atlassian University.
This is an introductory to intermediate level course designed for anyone responsible for setting up a Jira Software project which includes program/product/project managers, product owners, and development team managers.
- Getting More from Jira Software Server or equivalent experience with Jira Software
- Experience with Agile Development
- Overview of Portfolio
- High level planning with Portfolio – manipulating the iron triangle to achieve results
- Configuring Jira Software to support Portfolio hierarchies
- Creating a Plan
- Understanding and using the Portfolio schedule view
- Changing and managing scope
- Using dependencies
- Changing and managing releases
- Changing and managing teams
- Using stages and skills in your planning
- Getting the information you need with Portfolio reports
After attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Configure Jira Software to work optimally with Portfolio for Jira
- Create a roadmap based on data in Jira Software
- Maintain a live plan so it’s always in sync with work happening in Jira Software
- Understand and manage team capacity through Portfolio for Jira
- Forecast when your project will ship or whether you’ll be able to ship by a certain date
- Adjust scope, team velocity, and release timeline to understand impacts to your plan
- Clearly see how your work aligns to business strategy with “themes” and reporting in Portfolio for Jira
- Use reports to communicate with stakeholders about project progress and scenarios under consideration
- Use new levels of issue hierarchy to ensure epics and stories always map back to the big picture
Ready To Get Started?
Agile, SDLC, Program Management, ITIL/Service Desk Support / Jira, Confluence, Atlassian Toolset, Bitbucket, Atlassian Dev Ops. Solutions include PPM, Compliance and Risk Management, HR, CRM and general business process support.