Planning with Portfolio for Jira
Official Atlassian Course: Planning with Portfolio for Jira
Group Rates Available
Portfolio for Jira is Agile road mapping for the enterprise. With Portfolio for Jira, you can create reliable forecasts of your work and at the same time keep track of current work across realistic schedules in an ever-changing environment, maintaining one source of truth. In this course, you gain a broad overview of the features of Portfolio for Jira and learn how to use the improved planning interface to create a plan that reflects your reality. The labs provide hands-on experience making adjustments to scope, teams, and releases. You’ll also learn how to safely test what-if scenarios to improve your long-term planning effectiveness.
This is an official Atlassian University course. Includes hands-on exercises with a lab workbook and a slide deck provided in PDF format. Upon course completion attendees receive a certificate from Atlassian University.
This is an introductory to intermediate level course designed for anyone responsible for setting up a Jira Software project which includes program/product/project managers, product owners, and development team managers.
- Getting More from Jira Software Server or equivalent experience with Jira Software
- Experience with Agile Development
- Overview of Portfolio
- High-level planning with Portfolio – manipulating the iron triangle to achieve results
- Configuring JIRA Software to support Portfolio hierarchies
- Creating a Plan
- Understanding and using the Portfolio schedule view
- Changing and managing scope
- Using dependencies
- Changing and managing releases
- Changing and managing teams
- Creating and using colors
- Getting the information you need with Portfolio views
After attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Configure Jira for effective Portfolio support
- Create a plan that includes all of the initiatives and resources required to meet business goals
- Use the Scope tab to manipulate and manage issues and dependencies
- Use the Teams tab to manage human resources and their allocation to tasks
- Use the Release tab to manage release schedules
- Use colors to track how the teams are staying focused on key initiatives
- Use what-if scenarios to experiment with adjustments to improve plan performance
- Use views to show stakeholders plan progress and scenarios under consideration
- Use the program level views to monitor multiple plans
Ready To Get Started?
Agile, SDLC, Program Management, ITIL/Service Desk Support / Jira, Confluence, Atlassian Toolset, Bitbucket, Atlassian Dev Ops. Solutions include PPM, Compliance and Risk Management, HR, CRM and general business process support.