Jira Server Admin Part 2: Taking it to the next level
Official Atlassian Course: Jira Server Admin Part 2: Taking it to the next level
Group Rates Available
This course, Jira Server Admin Part 2: Taking it to the next level, follows on from Jira Server Admin Part 1. It continues the same case study and goes deeper into the administration tasks covered in Part 1, focusing on Jira Software and Jira Core. Explore more complex schemes (only permission and notification schemes were covered in Part 1), more advanced workflow configuration as well as board and sprint permissions. The course is structured around a case study where an organization creates a set of configurations and schemes to apply to new projects and existing in progress projects, emphasizing real world examples and best practices.
This is an official Atlassian University course. Includes hands-on exercises with a lab workbook and a slide deck provided in PDF format. Upon course completion attendees receive a certificate from Atlassian University.
This course is designed for new Jira Software Administrators who administer Jira Software and/or Jira Core.
Jira Server Essentials or equivalent experience; Getting Started with Jira Software Server or equivalent experience; Jira Admin Part 1: Getting up and running or equivalent experience. If it’s been a while since you attended Jira Admin Part 1, you might want to review the materials before this class.
High Level Topics
- Mapping your business requirements into Jira
- Configuring issue types, fields, screens and their associated schemes
- Customizing workflows with conditions, validators, and post functions
- Configuring board and sprint permissions
- Applying configurations to new and existing projects
- Ask stakeholders the right questions to extract the business requirements
- Map business requirements to Jira configurations
- Create issue types, fields, and screens to make it easy for your teams to get their work done
- Customize workflows to match how your teams work
- Configure who can manage sprints and administer boards
- Create a set of standard schemes and configurations to use for new and existing projects
- Establish Jira administration best practices
- Be a Jira Superhero!