Jira Server Essentials
Official Atlassian Course: Jira Server Essentials
Group Rates Available
You are brand new to Jira, not sure what the product does, and word has it, there are multiple Jira products. How do you get started using Jira? How will it help you with your work and help your team collaborate? If you have these or similar questions, then this course is for you.
In this course, Jira Essentials, you’ll learn about the three Jira products: Jira Core, Jira Software and Jira Service Desk. You’ll get comfortable with Jira through hands-on experience performing the most common tasks, working through real-life scenarios on a preconfigured instance of Jira. You’ll learn who typically performs which tasks and why, by experiencing Jira through different user roles. You’ll also learn the basics of managing and tracking team issues and projects. You’ll return to your jobs feeling confident that you can get started with and use the right Jira product in your everyday work.
This is an official Atlassian University course. Includes hands-on exercises with a lab workbook and a slide deck provided in PDF format. Upon course completion attendees receive a certificate from Atlassian University.
This course is designed for new Jira users: product managers, project administrators, Jira application administrators, developers, and system administrators. Jira experience or issue tracking application experience is not required. This class or equivalent experience is highly recommended as a precursor for all other Jira courses.
High Level Topics
- Introduction to Jira
- Jira Projects
- Tasks & Issues
- Working on Issues
- Jira Search
- Reports & Dashboards
- Jira Software & Jira Service Desk Specifics
- Create a Jira issue and progress it through the workflow
- Monitor the issue status as it flows through the workflow using search
- Describe how issues are categorized in Jira
- Save a search to simplify status requests
- Modify existing issues, changing priority and assignees
- Update multiple issues in one operation to align with changing business requirements
- Create Pie Chart reports to communicate user utilization and issue complexity
- Communicate progress of project tasks using the Jira dashboard
- Submit service desk request using the Customer Portal
- Organize service desk requests using queues
- Move agile software development issues through the workflow using a Scrum board
- Communicate project process using agile specific reports
Ready To Get Started?
Agile, SDLC, Program Management, ITIL/Service Desk Support / JIRA, Confluence, Atlassian Toolset, Bitbucket, Atlassian Dev Ops. Solutions include PPM, Compliance and Risk Management, HR, CRM and general business process support.