Getting More from Jira Software Server
Official Atlassian Course: Getting More from Jira Software Server
Group Rates Available
This course, Getting More from Jira Software, focuses on the Agile project team. Project Managers and Product Owners learn how to turn customer feedback into a well organized backlog and how to ensure that estimation statistics are giving them the information they need.
Scrum Masters and board admins learn how to configure boards to meet all project requirements, regardless of the complexity of the project. Developers learn how to use and log time against sub-tasks. The entire team experiences the benefits of Jira Software’s integration with development and collaboration tools, for the purpose of monitoring sprints and planning releases. They also learn how to maximize Jira’s reporting capabilities.
This is an official Atlassian University course. Includes hands-on exercises with a lab workbook and a slide deck provided in PDF format. Upon course completion attendees receive a certificate from Atlassian University.
This is an intermediate level course designed for Jira project managers, product owners, scum masters, and dev team members who want to know how to get the most out of their agile development using Jira Software.
Getting Started with Jira Software Server or equivalent experience (basic working knowledge of Jira Software).
High Level Topics
- Projects and project teams
- Backlog management
- Sprint planning
- Running the sprint
- Release management
- Given a configuration change, identify the person/role who can perform this
- Turn issues from your feedback loop into a well organized, prioritized backlog
- Articulate what the filter query must do to give you the issues you need on your board
- Articulate the requirements for a filter query and workflow needed for your team’s Scrum board
- Set estimation tracking statistics to meet your requirements
- Use, and log time to subtasks
- Explain what a “scrum of scrums” is and who would use it
- Describe the purpose and benefit of the Release Hub
- Be able to analyze reports and glean information from them that can be fed back into sprint planning to improve efficiency
- Implement dashboards that enable members of the project team to recognize problems and address them in a timely manner