Blended Perspectives is a fast-growing Leading Atlassian consulting Partner with a focus on supporting value-added expertise with the Atlassian suite of products.
We are on the lookout for a full-time, dedicated and passionate individual to be our Accountant. This individual will work very closely with the Finance and Sales team, reporting directly to the Director of Business Operations. Currently, this role is fully remote.
The Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the books and completing financial tasks for both the Canadian and US entity.
- Maintaining the general ledgers, completing bank & credit card reconciliations, cost allocations, and forecasting cashflow
- Working with the sales team to ensure the invoices in the accounting system are correct and reconciled with the sales forecast
- Ensuring all vendor costs and COGS are accurate and up to date daily in the ledgers
- Accounts receivable & payable
- Preparing financial reports, including but not limited to, profit & loss statement, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Providing meaningful insight and identifying trends by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing accounting data
- Verifying and administering payment of reimbursable expenses
- Administering payroll and maintaining appropriate records
- Preparing HST, EHT and assist with corporate tax filings
- Completing month end and year end procedures including intercompany transactions and adjusting journal entries for FX
- Other related duties and special projects as required
- Pro-active and able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management skills, foresight, accuracy, and commitment to objectives and responsibilities
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- 4-5 years of experience in an accounting/finance role
- Degree or Diploma in accounting, finance or a related field
- CPA or CPA candidate an asset