Back in the day, development and operations teams were siloed and slow — until high-growth, high-demand environments paved the way for DevOps. DevOps is the practice of operations and development teams working together in the entire service lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support. Today, Dev and Ops teams that work together as partners using the same techniques and tools, deploy more frequently, with faster lead times.
The result? Better communication, collaboration, and trust.
Would your business benefit from improved integration and co-operation between the development and operations teams?
If so, Blended Perspectives can help you.
The move to embrace a DevOps philosophy typically requires a cultural shift in the organization as well as the implementation of tools to support improved transparency and collaboration between teams.
Our expertise combined with a suite of Atlassian products, will allow us to help you to realize tight integration between your development and operations teams by implementing a modern, automated, and flexible approach to DevOps with tools that are easy to use.
Features of the solution include:
- Support for end-to-end development processes, including Agile Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, SAFe, Disciplined Agile among others.
- Automation of work with defined workflows and automatic triggers.
- Ability for developers to move directly into the code base once the planning for the work is complete.
- A distributed software version control system (GIT) providing a collaborative way to work on code regardless of location including support for inline comments in the source code.
- Support for Continuous Delivery through the automatic detection and building of branches, and orchestration of parallel running tests.
- Views of status of branches, commits, pull requests and builds on an issue and ability to track the complete health of your release.
- Release management in a single workflow with build and test activities, in conjunction with a centralized place to display the Release status in real time.
- Real time reporting and status updates to keep team members and stakeholders informed.
- End-to-end traceability from issue to code to deployment while keeping business stakeholders informed.
- Enhanced collaboration features supporting real time communication between team members (Hipchat and @mentions).
- Full document management repository with Confluence.
- A user-friendly tool for submitting and checking requests.
- Process templates for a variety of activities including request fulfillment, and management of incidents, problems, changes, events, assets and facilities as well as IT operations control with Jira Service Desk.
- Provision to automate repetitive tasks so your team can focus on solving the important stuff and help lighten the workload.
- A self-serve knowledge base which works to deflect many incoming tickets.
- Tools to prioritize, track, and discuss the team’s work in full context with complete visibility.
- A fully integrated database with records of assets and configuration items.
- Sophisticated workflows in both Confluence and Jira.
- Keep your customers informed about the status of your solutions with StatusPage.
The solution includes the following products and add ons:
- Jira Service Desk – allow users to request services, place request in the correct queue with the appropriate priority driven by SLAs, and customizable workflows.
- Jira Software – manage all the work that is done during the software development lifecycle including technical implementation and bug fixes.
- Bitbucket – distributed version control system (Git) and code review with flexible deployment models for teams of all sizes and needs.
- Bamboo – a continuous integration and deployment tool that ties automated builds, tests and releases together in a single workflow.
- FishEye – Search, monitor, and track across SVN, Git, and Perforce repositories.
- Crucible – Find bugs and improve code quality through peer code review.
- HipChat – discussions within the team or with other employees.
- Confluence – publish documentation/policies/guidelines/procedures; self serve access.
- Portfolio For Jira – Connect strategic goals to development progress in real time.
- Comala Workflows – add simple or complex reviews, tasks and approvals processes to Confluence.
- Insight – keep records of assets and configuration management in a central database that is fully integrated with other tools.
- eazyBI – augment standard JIRA reporting with ability to create pivot table reports or explore different chart options and use predefined or custom calculation formulas.
- StatusPage – The best way to keep customers and employees informed during downtime or scheduled maintenance.